Culturals!

Hi all,
Nice to know that alot of you have checked up on my blog...
I have been so into blogging that my dreams have started showing up as blogs with pictures!
Well today was the day I went to judge for the 'Le Park' school culturals.The reason its here on my blog is because it had played such a big part in my 'School' life.It was one of the highlights of the 9th,11th and 12th standard .We would rehearse for ages...Oh! culturals in itself the best way to bunk classes in school whether you are actually doing something or not (there goes another secret-any of my teachers here-remember the nice song PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!)
It was a nice experience to be sitting in the judges seat than be in the crowd...
But dont ask what it did to my sense of hearing!
Some groups did not know the seriousness I guess.But I must add that there were some really talented children out there.There were very professional-like drummers(many of whose drumsticks broke!talk about passionate!), bass guitarist,violinists who played fusion etc etc.There were so many rock bands in the making and also own compositions!! I mean...I Did'nt know,that is until today,that we were allowed to have our own compositions!! Kids today...
My little neice, all of 8, asked me what I was doing on the net and I tried to explain to her in various ways that I was getting my thoughts onto a page blah!blah! for people to view...blah!blah!blah! went on and on and saw this look on her face that was like,DUH!!! and then she said 'Its called Blogging!'
Gasp!!! I felt like a picture on the wall of a cave! Prehistoric! (again)
Anyway,got through that embarrassing moment only to recount it all over again, to a million zillion people and add to the embarrasment! But then again,What the hell eh?





3 comments:

purnima said...

well...m not much of blogging person...n never really understood de entire concept behind it...but i must say...it does give off a good feeling wen a common thing connects ppl around so effortlessly...i mean...de bit abt le park n culturals in school n abt bunking clases...running behind mrs.alice to actually prove to her dat something constructive is happenning during our practice sessions...boy...those really were the days...
i also must say...its nice to have seen u from school growing up...into wut u really have become today...gives us...holy angels a good feeling...
keep up de good work...

shalini said...

Thank you so much Purnima.
really appreciate it!

alaudin said...

hiii really you are shalini or shalini's fan?

Search This Blog