EarthSync '08

EarthSYnc was a fusion festival organised this sunday the 17th of Feb.There were 15 musicians from all over the globe who joined together for this event.It had live folk,devotional,indian classical,western,electronic and light music forms well fused to give the most splendid blend of music.There were the Sufi singers,the flautist Naveen,amazing Hindustani and Carnatic vocals,the Tibetian monks who chanted on a background of well played percussion and strings,Then there was a classical violinist who played with ease and grace and who could play almost anything.Really loved her style.The percussion section included a wide variety of Indian and African(I think) instruments.I wasnt ready to leave at all when they bid adieu.I really wanted to listen to much more.It was well planned,well executed and most of all well enjoyed by everyone on stage and off.I have heard alot fusion and I always called it confusion but here was one that really made me sit up and listen.It left me constantly waiting for what was next and that doesnt happen often now does it? It was a Sunday evening well spent and I most definitely will watch it again on SS Music.Try to watch it and give me your feedback.
Ta all...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, this sounds good. but unfortunately, I don't have access to SSMusic. but im sure u've had a gr8 time. :)

Shala said...

Ya, basically you are one of my top fav. singers. I just love the versatile of ur voice. especially "naaren..naanaaa.." in the middle of Gundu gundu penne' song from dhool was just cool. I particularly listen to that song to listen ur narenaaanaaaa.. part :)

Same above anonymous.

Ponmozhi said...

Hello Shalini,
its good to hear this news & me too watched this in SS Music but wanted to have the DVD of it..wil it be out in the market, if so when can we expect?
of course I m your fan :)keep rocking...

SHALINI said...

thanks guys!
hmmm.no idea if its going to come out.if i get to know i will let you know.ciao!

Anonymous said...

laya project is being released all over india this week, and is available in all major retailers (landmark, odyssey, planet m, music world, crossword etc)

it's a fantastic film!

SHALINI said...

alright there you go ponmozhi!
the cds out!
keep in touch

Search This Blog